|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
- AgLinks-Clark consulting International, Inc. - AgLINKS provides an alphabetically arranged directory of agricultural
links listed by subject; from Aguaculture to Emus and Wine
- AgriGator-Agriculture Information - This site lists a variety of WWW resources including an Agricultural
Conference list; International and U.S. Government sites; U.S.
State sites; Commercial groups; Marketing services; List servers;
Almanac servers; and Publications.
- Agrisource - Agrisource is a commercial site with a list of over two thousand
Agriculture Suppliers, Marketers, Commodity Groups, and other
Associations. Also included is a Directory and Calendar of Events.
- CIAT-UNEP-Environmental and Sustainable Indicators: Outlook for
Latin America and the Caribbean - The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) is
one of the Centers of the CGIAR System.
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) - The mission of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural
Research (CGIAR) is to harness modern science for the sustainable
development of agriculture in developing countries. Forty-five
donor members fund 16 international agricultural research.
- Countrywise Communication - Media Producers for Agriculture, Food and Rural Development.
- GEO 2000 - A coordinated network of Collaborating Centres is the core
of the GEO process. These centres have played an increasingly
important role in preparing GEO reports. They are now responsible
for almost all the regional inputs, thus combining top-down integrated
assessment with bottom-up environmental reporting. A number of
Associated Centres also participate, providing specialized expertise.
Four working groups ?on modelling, scenarios, policy and data
?provide advice and support to the GEO process, helping coordinate
the work of the Collaborating Centres to make their outputs as
comparable as possible. Other United Nations agencies contribute
to the GEO Process through the United Nations System-wide Earthwatch,
coordinated by UNEP. In particular, they provide substantive data
and information on the many environmentally-related issues that
fall under their individual mandates; they also help review drafts.
- Growing Edge - A very unique quarterly magazine with a focus on innovative
methods of gardening and cultivation of plants.
- Institute for Global Communications (IGC) - The Institute for Global Communications (IGC) is a nonprofit
organization that provides alternative sources of information
as well as online access and comprehensive Internet services for
progressive individuals and organizations.
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) - IFPRI's mission is to indentify and analyze policies for sustainably
meeting the food needs of the developing world. Research at IFPRI
concentrates on low-income countries, poor people, and sound management
of the natural resouce base that supports agriculture. IFPRI seeks
to make its research results available to all those in a position
to use them and to help strengthen institutions conducting research
and applying research results in developing countries.
- ISIS and National Agricultural Library (NAL), Betlesville, MD,
USA - ISIS is the Integrated System for Information Services at the
National Agricultural Library (NAL), Betlsville, MD, USA. Within
ISIS, two databases are available for information retrieval. These
databases are the NAL On-line Catalog and the Journal Article
Citation database. The NAL On-line Catalog contains bibliographic
citations for books, reports, maps, journals/periodicals, and
other media, and citations for materials at the U.S. National
Arboretum Library and the five USDA Agricultural Research Service
(ARS) Regional Research Center Libraries. The Journal Article
Citations, a subset of the AGRICOLA database, consists of citations
of articles in journals and periodicals, and other specialized
- John Shelley's Garden Center & Nursery - Interesting series of ads that are actually monographs on sustainable
- Modern Arbiculture - Everything you could want or need to know about growing trees
the organic way.
- North Carolina State University Gopher Server - Agriculture. - This site includes links to: the Advanced Technology Information
Network (ATI-NET); Agricultural Genome Gophers; Agricultural Market
News; University Agricultural Networks; Internet/BITNET Resources
in Agriculture; Libraries;Databases (U.S. Department of Agriculture,
USDA Current Research Information System (USDACRIS), USDA Economics
and Statistics System); United Nations Conference on Environment
Development (UNCED); and others.
- Organic Farming In Europe:Economics and Policy - The research activities of Faculties, Departments and other
institutions at the University of Hohenheim focus mainly on: Agricultural
and Nutritional Research, Research in International Economics,
Research for the Tropics and Subtropics, Environmental Research
and European Research.
- Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) - RAFI is an international non-governmental organization headquartered
in Winnepeg, Manitoba (Canada). RAFI is dedicated to the conservation
and sustainable improvement of agricultural biodiversity, and
to the socially responsible development of technologies useful
to rural societies. RAFI is concerned abut the lose of genetic
diversity - especially in agriculture - and about the impact of
intellectual property rights on agriculture and world food security.
- The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension's Guide to Agricultural Web
Sites (Bob's List). - Maintained by the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service, Division
of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Oklahoma State
University. This list contains a very large number of links to
agricultural resources, mostly in and relevant to the United States.
- Trees for the Future - Trees for the Future is a non-profit organization initiating
and supporting agroforestry self-help projects in cooperation
with groups and individuals in developing countries. These projects
teach sustainable agriculture. They increase crop yealds, help
maintain the water table, fight deforestation and erosion.
- USDA Economics and Statistics System : Data Sets and Reports - A gopher server providing comprehensive agricultural statistics
and reports for the United States Department of Agriculture
Click here to choose another Category