|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
- Architect Research Institute-Features over 350 categorized interdisciplinary links pertaining
to architecture and related topics.
- Association for Environment Conscious Building. - The AECB promotes ecological and energy efficient design and
- Backlund Home Page - Energy efficient house design, construction, renovation and
retrofit. Small Scale forestry. Woodlot association.
- BioSpaces - Sustainable home design using renewable and recyclable materials.
Solar heated greenhouses for year round growing. Building a sustainable
future is our goal.
- Build It Naturally - Alternative residential house building site promoting environmentally
responsible construction styles and techniques.
- Cob Cottage Company - Sustainable Building - This site contains information concerning sustainable, environmentally
aware building with earth or cob which has been used for millennia
even in the harsh climates of Coastal Britain, at the latitude
of Aleutians. Thousands of comfortable and picturesque cob homes
in England have been continuously occupied for many centuries
and now command very high market values.
- Community Enrichment Center and Adobe Canada Ltd. - A Toronto based umbrella organization of numerous eco-technology
community based companies, i.e. Adobe Canada Ltd., doing cold
climate earthen architecture.
- Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems. - A non-profit education, demonstration, and research organization
for appropriate technology and sustainable design.
- Community Eco-Design Network (CEN) - Non-profit organization providing access to materials, expertise
and labor for affordable, ecological building projects. Conducts
straw bale construction workshops.
- Davis Caves Home Page - Worldwide developers/builders/consultants for all types of
Earth Sheltered homes, commercial buildings. Join us for EarthFest!.
- Designing A Sustainable Future - Issue of the newsletter "In Context." Features articles about
urban planning, sustainable buildings, and community. Not very
flashy,, but very thought provoking.
- Design Your Own Natural Home - Design Build firm of natural homes.
- Ecosustainable Hub-To make an active contribution towards the improvement of the
quality of life for ourselves and future generations, facilitating
cooperation, networking, ethical practices and developments. "Sustainable
development is development that meets the needs of the present
without compromising the ability of future generations to meet
their own needs." (Brundtland commission)
- Energy Efficient Building Association - North American building science and applications consortia;
provides training, criteria, and research coordination for building
- EnerModal Engineering - Visit our web site to see examples of our energy and resource
efficient buildings and to download design software. Denver, Colorado.
- Enertia Building Systems - Designers and Manufacturers of Do-It-Yourself Solar Home Kits
made of renewable and recycled materials.
- Environmental Building News - Green Building resources with extensive product reviews and
news on environmentally sustainable design and construction. Independently
published -- no ads!
- Eagle Lake on Orcas Island - An environmentally sensitive residential real estate development
emphasizing preservation, stewardship and architectural integrity.
- Eco-Design HomePage - Provides the means to make healthy and environmentally sensitive
- Florida Design Initiative - The Florida Design Initiative is a non-profit organization
dedicated to promoting energy efficiency in building design, construction,
- Global Environmental Options - GEO supports the creation of sustainable buildings and communities
through education, integrated environmental planning and coalition
- Green Building Information Council - A non-profit organization created to advance the energy and
environmental performance of buildings through the creation, exchange
and application of appropriate information.
- GreenSpirit Design/Build Co-Operation - Designs and builds homes, neighborhoods, and communities that
are ecologically sound, environmentally kind, socially responsive
- Hanna Shapira Earth Sheltered Structures - Consultant: Research and design experience in passive solar
energy, energy conservation, and earth sheltered structures. Description
of my papers, designs, and patent.
- Holistic Options for Planet Earth Sustainability - HOPES is a student organization at the University of Oregon
School of Architecture and Allied Arts. The fields of Architecture,
Art and Planning offer opportunities to help balance the built
environment with the natural systems which sustain it. HOPES strives
to create a multidisciplinary dialogue which will raise awareness
of the roles, responsibilities, and opportunities for people in
the creative professions to encourage positive change.
- Housing and Social Infrastructures Institute - The research on methodologies concerning building refurbishment
is among the foundamental aims of IRIS Institute. There is a global
need to build national and local capacity to collect useful information
on sustainable practices, convert that information to knowledge
through appropriate techniques and apply that knowledge in formulating
and modifying policies. In such a complex context, it is important
to identify and learn from local examples of sustainable practice,
whose experience can be vital to address key issues in other regions.
This interdisciplinary conference aims at allowing people representing
diverse communities of research to share information on sustainable
initiatives and practices in urban and rural areas throughout
the Mediterranean Basin. Its objective is also to help organizations
and professionals to design, build, operate and retrofit buildings
that have less impact on the environment.
- International Institute for Natural Environmental Cultural Resources
Management - Strategic planning; particiaptive design for sustainable development
- Inveresk Architect Builders - Architect led design/build company specializing in sustainable
design and construction.
- Joiners' Quarterly - A Magazine focusing on timber framing and sustainable construction
- we also have a building school.
- Modern World Design - A design firm specializing in recycling, waste disposal, and
green design (efficiency and appropriate technology). Nice links
to other eco-design sites.
- Natural by Design - Environmentally sustainable residential and commercial design
utilizing permaculture principles and appropriate technology.
- Project 2050 Save Earth - has one premise that we can design better communities. We propose
complete communities linked together with mass transportation
built in the desert with sand and solar power, to help solve to
help solve world hunger, population, and the environment.
- Sinan Company - Natural wall paints, woodfinishes, artist products and other
good natural products for your home.
- Sustainable Architecture - I'm in the midst of a massive research campaign. I'm applying
to graduate school in architecture, but there doesn't seem to
be a source that lists information on sustainable or passive solar
architecture. I spent several months browsing the web looking
for anything that mentioned sustainable research before I hit
upon the brilliant idea of actually writing to students, professors,
and people in the field - asking for information about which schools
has a reputation in environmentally conscious architecture.
- Sustainable Architecture: Eco Design and Landscaping - An archive of information about sustainable architecture: ecological
planning, design, integrated architecture and landscaping for
tropical, sub-tropical or temperate climates. Gives a brief overview
of sustainable development, checklist planners for building and
landscaping, and a bibliography for further reading.
- Sustainable Building Resource - Are you searching for keywords as "sustainable building", "sustainable
building design", "sustainable architecture", "sustainable city",
"green building", "green materials", "ecological design", "eco
village", "appropriate technology", "natural building", "alternative
building materials", "energy efficient building design", "recycled
building material", "renewable material"? Sustainable Building
Resource is your site! We have pre-selected a number of keywords
which we know from experience will provide a broad search. Search,
Shortcuts, navigation tools (see map) and news are available.
- Sunlight Homes - Custom residential design for your lifestyle, land and building
budget in US and Canada. Specializing in day lighting, modified
passive solar design and super-insulated, stress-skin panelized
- Sustainable Design Resource Guide: 3rd Edition - Searchable database of over 600 green building materials developed
by Committee on the Environment, AIA Denver.
- Sustainable Sources - Alternative Building Techniques and related environmental information.
- The Northwest Eco-Building Guild - An organization of contractors, design professionals, tradespeople,
suppliers, and homeowners dedicated to sustainable building practices.
- Tsui Design & Research Inc. - Creating strikingly original architecture and environments
by harmonizing technology, ecology, economy and nature.
- Yellow Mountain Institute for Sustainable Living - Offers an introduction to low-cost, sustainable building techniques,
such as rammed-earth tire, straw bale, and cordwood construction,
and to a variety of alternative energy systems.
- 02W3, - Contains green design, environmental product design, design
for the environment, eco-design, greener product development.
Click here to choose another Category