|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
- Associates in Rural Development, Inc. - Consulting services in international development, GIS, GPS,
and information management services.
- CARC HomePage - CARC, a national public interest organization doing research,
advocacy and public information on Arctic sustainable and equitable
- Center of Excellence for Sustainable Development - Provides information and consulting to U.S. communities on
sustainable development techniques. Databases, publications, articles,
success stories on-line.
- Civitas2004 - features a weekly edition of the latest news, events, links
and resources-- all focusing on urban sustainbility issues. THe
site is available in three languages--English, Spanish, and Catalan.
- Communications for a Sustainable Future (CSF) - Lists various electronic discussion groups about Ecology and
the Environment; Education; International Studies; Peace and Conflict;
and Sustainable Economics. Includes: CaseNet, Femisa, BCWatershed,
ClimEcon, ConsBio, EcoFem, EcolEcon, Peace, PEN-L, and others.
Over a dozen mailing lists realting to a sustainable future.
- Deft University Interduct Clean Technology Institute - serves as contact between "the outside world" and groups within
the University that conduct research in the environmental field.
- EcoNet - EcoNet is part of the Institute for Global Communications (IGC)
network. This is a sister network of SANGONET's and also a member
of the Association for Progressive Communications (APC). EcoNet
acts as a resource centre on environmental topics and has information
sorted by category. It also publishes major international headlines
and action alerts related to environment.
- Eco-Village Information Service - Eco-Village Information Service - The home of the Global Eco-Village
- Electronic Development and Environment Information System (ELDIS) - This site is a gateway to information sources on development
or the environment. Currently, most of the information sources
listed are either electronic or institutional. Where the source
is available on the Internet, a direct link is provided. Where
there is no Internet link, other information on availability is
- Electronic Tools for Community Sustainability - Sites with introductory information about a number of different
electronic tools useful for development of community sustainability.
Included are various sites relating to Energy, the Environment,
and Economic Sustainability Environmental design and simulation;
GIS; Civil empowerment; Civic infrastructure; and Community-based
Computer Networks, information, and learning.
- EnviroDirectory Hotlist Search - EnviroDirectory is a pilot project organized by the Regional
Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe, which collect
and organize Environmental Internet Resource Information.
- Enviro Facts - Enviro Facts have been developed in response to a growing need
amongst South Africans for information about their environment.
The Enviro Facts are 60 information, or fact, sheets covering
a range of environmental issues. The fact sheets provide an overview,
or orienting framework, for each topic or issue.
- Envirolink Network - The Envirolink Network publishes information on environmental
events, a progressive mailing list archive, and pointers to resources
and information on many environmental issues.
- EnvironNET Australia - EnvironNET Australia consists of fully searchable databases
covering industry environment capabilities, environmental education,
cleaner production and R&D into waste management and pollution
- EnviroPhantom Search Engine - The EnviroPhantom is a Yahoo-like search/indexing robot which
crawls Internet sites dedicated to environmental issues in the
Central and Eastern European (CEE) Region. Currently there are
over 11,000 pages indexed including information from over 30 Internet
sites dedicated to CEE environmental issues.
- ERIN Integrating Environment and Development - The Environmental Resources Information Network (ERIN) aims
to provide geographically related data of an extent, quality and
availability required for planning and decision making.
- Friends of the Earth - Friends of the Earth is the largest Network of environmental
groups in the world and currently represents 52 countries. They
run environmental campaigns on issues such as bio-diversity, habitats,
transport and pollution. They provide extensive information and
educational materials and have pointers to other environmental
services on the Internet.
- Friends of the Earth Germany - Friends of the Earth Germany (BUND) and Misereor requested
Wuppertal Institute to do a thorough study of how German life
could be made sustainable. It was expected that the study would
set off a controversy, and it has.
- Global Environment Outlook-1 Report (UNEP) - The GEO-1 Report - released by the United Nations Environment Programme - shows that significant progress has been made in the last decade
in confronting environmental challenges in both developing and
industrial regions. This site gives you access to the complete
report, as well as more information on the topic of environment.
- Harvard Information Infrastructure Project - The Harvard Information Infrastructure Project has constructed
a comprehensive policy gateway on information infrastructure topics,
ranging from the NII and GII to telecommunications policy and
- GreenMarket - In partnership with EcoNet and Institute for Global Communications,
brings together progressive and ecologically conscious companies
and organizations to provide information and products easily and
affordably to concerned, earthwise consumers.
- ILLINI Environmental Design Research Association - Information on the local chapter of the ILLINI EDRA with links
to membership directory, classes of interest to environment research,
related newsgroups, local newletter and more to come.
- International Society for Ecological Economics - ISEE is an international forum for exchanging ideas about integration
of ecological and economic principles, defining sustainable development.
- Linkages - is a multi-media resource for Environment and Development Policy
Makers provided by the International Institute for Sustainable
- The Natural Step - The Natural Step (TNS) is a non-profit environmental education
organization working to build an ecologically and economically
sustainable society. TNS offers a framework that is based on science
and serves as a compass for businesses, communities, academia,
government entities and individuals working to redesign their
activities to become more sustainable.
- NESDA - NESDA is a resource and forum of African experts in the management
of environment and natural resources. The building and strengthening
of expertise of individuals and institutions within Africa at
local, national and sub-regional levels for environmentally sustainable
development represents the essence of NESDA's strategy for achieving
its general and specific objectives.
- New Ground Magazine - This is a copy of an entire issue of New Ground Magazine which
covers environmental issues from a development perspective. You
will find useful information on different topics such as Green
Living with graphics of household waste separation, or Enviro-Education,
which tells you to get up and do things for the environment.
- NRM-Changelinks - is an on-line resource guide for those seeking to develop sustainable
change in the way we manage our natural resources
- NRTEE - Canadian independent agency that seeks to provide informations
on the relationship between the environment and the economy.
- "OurPlanet" - United Nations Environmental Program Publication - Excerpts of articles from "OurPlanet"; the United Nations Environmental
Program's bi-monthly magazine on the environment and sustainable
development. Articles about Cities: Habitat II and the transition
to making cities sustainable.
- Open Africa - The Mail and Guardian's online version of the ecotourism magazine,
Open Africa. An off-the-beaten-track guide to holidays in Africa.
- PanaAfrican News Agency: Environmental Bulletin - Perhaps more than any other population group in the world,
Africa's 650 million people are immediately and directly affected
by environmental degradation. And as the second largest continent,
occupying 30 million square kilometers and bordering the world's
major oceans, Africa and its practices have a long-term effect
on the global environment. PANA offers a regular update (every
Monday) on environmental developments across the continent.
- Permaculture Community Action Worknet - PCAW is a non-profit corporation and educational organization
with charitable status. We organize and deliver permaculture courses
- Resources for the Future (RFF) - Resources for the Future (RFF) is an independent, non-profit
organization that conducts original, objective research in environmental
- Rocky Mountain Institute - A non-profit research and educational foundation for the efficient
and sustainable use of resources.
- Simple Living Network - An interactive catalogue of earth-friendly products, resources
and services to help you live a simple, comfortable, less consumptive
- Sustainable TIMES On-Line Newspaper - An alternative environmental newspaper on sustainability issues,
green economics and natural living. Includes action ideas and
- Television Trust for the Environment (TVE) Database - This is a searchable database of all the films available from
TVE: over 350 broadcast quality programmes and educational videos
covering the global spectrum of environment and sustainable development
issues. You can search by theme or by title, view stills and video
clips (you'll need the VDO plug-in) of the films that match your
criteria and then place your order on-line.
- The Centre for Community and Enterprise Networking (C\CEN) - of the University College of Cape Breton (UCCB) does research,
development and enterprise incubation in the use of Information
and Communications Technologies in support of local economic development,
particularly in rural areas.
- The Eco-Source - This site is presented by ecotourism professionals and individuals
interested in ecotourism and sustainable development issues. The
site provides areas to learn more about ecotourism, find topical
news, discover upcoming events, query experts in the field, and
even play games to build your skills.
- The Green Brick Road (GBR) - The Green Brick Road is a non-profit organization which specializes
in resources and information for students and teachers of global
and environmental education. Browse through the Guide to Environmental
and Global Education Resources, a product of four years of researching,
networking and consulting educators from all over the world -
for detailed descriptions of these normally hard to find titles.
- The GreenDisk Journal - Now in its fifth year of publication. The Green Disk is the
premier journal of the environmental movement, having received
rave reviews from all corners. The GreenDisk is a journal of contemporary
environmental issues used by educators, journalists, activists
and professionals all over the world. Each issue is a compendium
of resources on one environmental issue.
- The H. John Heinz III Center for Science, Economics and the Environment - The Heinz Center is a non-profit organization engaged in collaboratice
research on environmental problems.
- The Latin American Alliance - Its mission is to develop environmental and sustainable information
for Latin America.
- The Panos Institute - The Panos Institute is an international information organization
working together with partner NGOs and journalists in the third
world to strengthen their capacities to produce information on
environmental and sustainable development issues and to promote
southern perspectives on development.
- Union of Concerned Scientists - The common threads of global sustainability and global security
weave the Union of Concerned Scientists's work on agriculture,
arms control, energy, global resources, and transportation into
a unified vision: achieving a secure and sustainable world today
without sacrificing the environment of tomorrow. This web site
includes extensive information on the four issues covered by the
Sound Science Initiative: biodiversity, climate change, ozone
depletion, and population growth.
- The United Nations Environment Programme Working Group on Sustainable
Product Development (UNEP-WG-SPD) - A new 60 page+ WWW site with searchable databases.
- University of Arizona - The International Arid Lands Consortium - is an independent, non-profit research organization supporting
ecological sustainability in arid and semiarid lands worldwide.
- University of Kentucky - Institute for the Environment and Sustainable
Development - An organization dedicated to promoting multidisciplinary analysis
and research on needs, causes, and consequences of development.
- University of Oregon - The Oregon Land Use Information Center - is dedicated to providing information about Oregon's land use
- WWW Virtual Forest Library - This very comprehensive site is provided by the Library Information
Services at the Finnish Forest Research Institute. It is part
of the international WWW Virtual Library of subject oriented link
collections. The Forestry section is maintained by information
specialists, and it has two independent sub-sections: Forest Genetics
and Tree Breeding and Forest Soils and Substrates. The site also
provides excellent material on International Agreements and Forest
- Wood Heating and Forest Ecology - This site's focus is a paper on Residential Wood Heating: The
Forest, the Atmosphere and the Public Consciousness. The paper
was written for the 1993 Air and Waste Management Association
Annual Conference by Dr. Ole Q. Hendrickson, Forest Ecologist,
Forestrh Canada and John F. Gulland, Gulland Associates Inc.
- World Conservation Monitoring Centre (WCMC) - WCMC is internationally recognized as a centre of excellence
in the location and management of information on the conservation
and sustainable use of the world's living resources. These pages
will guide you to global data on bio-diversity and information
relating to WCMC's activities in this field.
Click here to choose another Category