|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
- Alliance to Save Energy - This page lists web sites offering valuable information on
energy efficiency. Just click on the page name to go to that site:
American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE); Center
for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies (CREST); U.S.
Department of Energy (DOE); DOE Energy Efficiency and Renewable
Energy Network (EREN); U.S. Environmental Information Administration
(EIA); U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); EPA/LBNL Home
Energy Saver; Virtual Home Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC).
- Alternative Energy Engineering Design Guide - An on-line energy efficiency and renewable energy products
catalog. Currently under construction, it contains both background
information about small scale renewable energy applications as
well as products specifications and prices from the Alternative
- Alternatives BBS: Energy - Contains text articles from many different sources on the following
topics: Energy (General), Alternative Energy Home Energy, Home
energy production and conservation, Renewable Energy Newsletters,
Sustainability, Nuclear Power, Electric Cars, Transportation/Transit.
- American Hydrogen Association - The American Hydrogen Association (AHA) is a non-profit association
of individuals and institutions, technical and non-technical,
who are dedicated to the advancement of inexpensive, clean and
safe hydrogen energy systems.
- British Columbia Research Inc. - Private Canadian Research Centre on alternative fuels.
- Center for Energy and Environmental Policy - The Center for Energy and Environmental Policy is the principal
research unit for graduate research and study in the fields of
energy and environmental policy at the University of Delaware.
- Civitas2004 - features a weekly edition of the latest news, events, links
and resources-- all focusing on urban sustainbility issues. THe
site is available in three languages--English, Spanish, and Catalan.
- Energy Efficient Environments Catalog - On-line catalog with a complete line of energy saving and earth
friendly products for your home. Hard copy and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
versions of their catalog are also available.
- Energy, Environment and Resources Center - Since its inception, the Center has grown beyond its original
regional focus to address research issues that are national and
international in scope. Today the Center consists of active programs
that probe scores of research areas, among them waste management,
techniques for making cleaner products, and advanced software
development and utilization.
- Enersol Associates, Inc. - Enersol aims to improve the quality of life in rural areas
of developing countries, primarily within Latin America and the
Caribbean and to contribute to the global transition towards sustainable
societies by fostering solar-based rural electrification.
- European Wind/Solar Energy Information Resources - Mostly European list of associations, companies, and universities
in the sustainable energy field.
- Gemini Inhabited Solar Power Plant - What would be the greatest possible single strike against the
C02 problem? A house producing much energy instead of using much
- GEO 2000 - A coordinated network of Collaborating Centres is the core
of the GEO process. These centres have played an increasingly
important role in preparing GEO reports. They are now responsible
for almost all the regional inputs, thus combining top-down integrated
assessment with bottom-up environmental reporting. A number of
Associated Centres also participate, providing specialized expertise.
Four working groups ?on modelling, scenarios, policy and data
?provide advice and support to the GEO process, helping coordinate
the work of the Collaborating Centres to make their outputs as
comparable as possible. Other United Nations agencies contribute
to the GEO Process through the United Nations System-wide Earthwatch,
coordinated by UNEP. In particular, they provide substantive data
and information on the many environmentally-related issues that
fall under their individual mandates; they also help review drafts.
- INFORSE - INFORSE is a network of more thank 150 NGOs world-wide, many
of which are umbrella organizations. All of these organizations
work to promote sustainable energy and social development. Their
web site gives details about the organization and the network,
as well as news and material on sustainable energy.
- Institute for Global Communications (IGC) - The Institute for Global Communications (IGC) is a nonprofit
organization that provides alternative sources of information
as well as online access and comprehensive Internet services for
progressive individuals and organizations.
- IEA - International Energy Agency.
- MIT Technology,. Business and Environment- Meritt Signature Development Alliance - Providing green building services with out alliance to deliver
the world's most energy-efficient commercial and office work environments.
- NGO Steering Committee - For more information on NGO preparations on the issue of energy,
please visit the Caucus webpage. This site includes caucus statements,
the most recent being the Energy/Climate Change Global Action
- Organization for Energy Conservation and Planning (OECP) - The local and international scenes are now facing various changes,
such as transition to market economy, gradual removing of energy
subsidies, more emphasis on energy and the environment, the GATT,
and finally the private sector serious involvement in many energy-related
activities. OECP is bound to adopt a set of policies to accommodate
the above mentioned realities.
- Powermat Solar Heating Systems - Powermat manufactures solar heating systems for swimming pools
and hot water supplies.
- Pacific Rim Consortium in Energy, Combustion and the Environment
Participants - PARCON is dedicated to advancing the evolution of energy utilization
and the reduction of environmental impacts, benefiting not only
the region, but the world as a whole.
- Public-Private Partnerships for the Urban Environment - UNDP - The purpose of the PPPUE is to help countries tap into the
increasing flow of private capital resources that globalization
has brought. The PPUE helps countries establish mutually beneficial
partnerships through well negotiated and structured projects in
the areas of water and sanitation, waste management and energy.
- The Solar Cooking Archive - Check out the Solar Cooking Archive if you'd like to find out
about alternative energy system. The organization can assist you
if you need help with using the sun's free energy for cooking
and sterilizing water or cooking with solar ovens. Construction
plans and graphics are available on the site, together with information
and news about solar energy.
- The United Nations Development Programme - Engergy and Atmosphere
Programme - The Energy and Atmosphere Programme (EAP) implements activities
in pursuit of ideas put forward in the UNDP Initiatives on Sustainable
Energy (UNISE) and Energy After Rio: Prospects and Challenges.
With the over-riding perspective that energy is not an end in
itself, but rather the means to achieve the goal of sustainable
human development, sustainable energy and climate change related
activities are expanding rapidly.
- World Energy Council - The World Environment Center contributes to sustainable development
worldwide by strengthening industrial and urban environment, health,
and safety policy and practices.
Click here to choose another Category