|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
- Civitas2004 - features a weekly edition of the latest news, events, links
and resources-- all focusing on urban sustainbility issues. THe
site is available in three languages--English, Spanish, and Catalan.
- GEO 2000 - A coordinated network of Collaborating Centres is the core
of the GEO process. These centres have played an increasingly
important role in preparing GEO reports. They are now responsible
for almost all the regional inputs, thus combining top-down integrated
assessment with bottom-up environmental reporting. A number of
Associated Centres also participate, providing specialized expertise.
Four working groups ?on modelling, scenarios, policy and data
?provide advice and support to the GEO process, helping coordinate
the work of the Collaborating Centres to make their outputs as
comparable as possible. Other United Nations agencies contribute
to the GEO Process through the United Nations System-wide Earthwatch,
coordinated by UNEP. In particular, they provide substantive data
and information on the many environmentally-related issues that
fall under their individual mandates; they also help review drafts.
- Global Network of National Councils for Sustainable Development - This new site provides detailed information on activities and
events of National Council for Sustainable Development and similar
entities (NCSDs) around the world. It will also provide global
information and communications support to NCSDs and their regional
secretariats by serving as a gateway or central access point to
national and regional sites being created by these organizations.
- Institute for Global Communications (IGC) - The Institute for Global Communications (IGC) is a nonprofit
organization that provides alternative sources of information
as well as online access and comprehensive Internet services for
progressive individuals and organizations.
- Institute for Sustainable Communities - The mission of the Institute for Sustainable Communities is
to promote environmental protection, sustainable economies, and
participatory decision-making at the community level in Central
and Eastern Europe and Eurasia through training, technical assistance,
grantmaking, and demonstration projects.
- Public-Private Partnerships for the Urban Environment - UNDP - The purpose of the PPPUE is to help countries tap into the
increasing flow of private capital resources that globalization
has brought. The PPUE helps countries establish mutually beneficial
partnerships through well negotiated and structured projects in
the areas of water and sanitation, waste management and energy.
- The Earth Charter Consultation - The objective of the Earth Charter is to set forth an aspiring
vision of the fundamental principals of a global partnership for
sustainable development and environmental conservation.
- The Linkages Information Server and The Earth Negotiations Bullletin - The Earth Negotiations Bulletin provides a balanced, objective
and informative summaries of environment and development negotiations.
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) - Our mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership
in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing and enabling
nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising
that of future generations.
- The United Nations Secretariat of the Convention to Combat Desertification - This is the second generation of the UNCCD website launched
in June 2000. It was designed to facilitate the access to the
official documents maintained or received by the secretariat (COP-documents,
Reports and Action Programmes) for the participants of the COP-process
as well as to establish a general source of information on the
topic of desertification for the interested public. This page
provides technical instructions about the usage of the CCD website
and details how to achieve an optimal browsing experience.
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency - Community-Based
Environmental Protection - CBEP is a policy framework within EPA that: addresses the environmental
priorities and economic well-being of communities; facilitates
partnerships and stakeholder involvement; incorporates long-term
ecosystem and human health concerns; highlights the positive correlation
between economic prosperity and environmental well-being; and,
sustains biological diversity of ecosystems. The web site focuses
on providing the following types of information: Tools: Maps and
Mapping Resources, Databases, Geographic Information Systems,
Planning and Assessment Guides, Visualization Tools, etc...; Financial
Resources: Grants and Technical Assistance from various sources.
(Soon to be in a searchable database format.); Case Studies: Examples
of sustainable development approaches in communities around the
U.S. (Soon to be in a searchable database format.); Publications
and Documents: A large and comprehensive library of useful publications
and other documents; and Links to Related Sites: Comprehensive,
well-organized set of Internet links to other similar organizations
and related activities.
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development - the WBCSD aims to develop closer co-operation between business,
government and all other organizations concerned with the environment
and sustainable development. We also seek to encourage high standards
of environmental management in business itself.
Click here to choose another Category