|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
- Alliance - Alliance Forest Products, Inc. is an integrated company specializing
in timber harvesting and forest management, as well as in the
production and sale of pulp, newsprint, uncoated groundwood papers,
lumber and related products.
- American Forests - American Forests is the nation's oldest nonprofit citizen conservation
organization, founded in 1875 by citizens concerned about waste
and abuse of the nation's forests.
- Business Logger - Business Logger provides a non-aligned voice for all interests
and affiliations within the forest industry. We cover safety and
legal issues, as well as bring you the latest news and innovations
in truck logging, small business harvesting, silviculture, education,
trade, and heavy equipment.
- Center for International Forestry Research - CIFOR's Mission is to contribute to the sustained well being
of people in developing countries, particularly in the tropics,
through collaborative strategic and applied research and related
activities in forest systems and forestry, and by promoting the
transfer of appropriate new technologies and the adoption of new
methods of social organization, for national development.
- Canadian Forest Industries - Canadian Forest Industries maintains the only full-time editorial
staff in Canada. Our field editors are consistently the first
to cover new technology being used by contractors in the field.
Canadian Forest Industries publishes more editorial to this sector
than any other magazine. Regular features also include new products
and literature reviews.
- Canadian Journal of Forest Research - Published since 1971, this monthly journal has been ranked
by ISI as one of the top forest science research journals in the
past decade. The Journal features articles, over 65% by international
scientists, in silviculture, forest mensuration, harvesting, vegetation
management, tree physiology, ecophysiology, dendrochronology,
forest ecology, forest fire ecology, forest soil biology, biotechnology,
forest genetics, tree improvement, forest entomology and pathology,
pollution effects, global change impacts, forest practices effects
on biodiversity and sustainability, and forest economics.
- Forestry Unlimited Inc. - We are an advertising company that serves the industry to promote
forestry businesses, forestry education and specialized forestry
services. We are devoted to researching and providing the most
current and largest company information database possible. Our
goal is to keep your company informed and competitive in the industry.
We are here for your advertising needs and we invite you to be
a part of forestry's future!
- Gaia Forest Archives Main Link - Archive and lists of Papua New Guineau and Worldwide Forest
Bio-diversity mailing lists.
- Greenpeace - Nearly 80% of the world's ancient forests have been destroyed.
Only around 20% of the world's large ancient forests remain intact.
- International Tropical Timber Organization - The ITTO facilitates discussion, consultation and international
co-operation on issues relating to the international trade and
utilization of tropical timber and the sustainable management
of its resource base.
- International Union of Forestry Research Organizations - IUFRO is a non-profit, non-governmental international network
of forest scientists. Its objectives are to promote international
cooperation in forestry and forest products research. IUFRO's
activities are organized primarily through its 268 specialized
Units in 8 technical Divisions.
- New Forest Committee - We are a co-ordinating body made up of key Forest organisations
with statutory responsibilities to conserve the New Forest Heritage
- Rainforest Action Network - The Rainforest Action Network works to protect the Earth's
rainforests and support the rights of their inhabitants through
education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action.
Their site presents their campaigns, demonstrations and victories.
It also has some great information about rainforest and an entertaining
- Society of American Forest - The Society of American Foresters (SAF) is the national scientific
and educational organization representing the forestry profession
in the United States. Founded in 1900 by Gifford Pinchot, it is
the largest professional society for foresters in the world. The
mission of the Society of American Foresters is to advance the
science, education, technology, and practice of forestry; to enhance
the competency of its members; to establish professional excellence;
and, to use the knowledge, skills, and conservation ethic of the
profession to ensure the continued health and use of forest ecosystems
and the present and future availability of forest resources to
benefit society. SAF is a nonprofit organization meeting the requirements
of 501 (c) (3). SAF members include natural resource professionals
in public and private settings, researchers, CEOs, administrators,
educators, and students.
- The Institute of Chartered Foresters - The Institute is the professional body for foresters and arborists
throughout the UK. The Institute is regulated by its Royal Charter,
Bylaws and Regulations, and is required to maintain and uphold
a Code of Ethics and rules of Professional Conduct. The Institute
sets and maintains the standards for the profession and safeguards
the public interest in matters relating to forests, woodlands
and trees. The Institute regulates the standards of entry to the
profession, offers examinations for professional qualifications
and keeps under review the status of Chartered Foresters and the
- The Pacific Forestry Centre - The Pacific Forestry Centre is one of five research and development
establishments of the Canadian Forest Service of the Federal Department
of Natural Resources. You will find recent publications, a contact
list, a very complete index of Internet forestry sites and related
Click here to choose another Category