|89 Schoolhouse Rd
Summertown TN 38483-0090 USA
info at i4at dot org
- Oasis Design Systems - one of the best water resources on the web: rainwater catchment & filtration; greywater & blackwater treatment; drip irrigation; edible landscaping; transport bicycles, and ecological system troubleshooting. Books, articles, and consulting.
- Civitas2004 - features a weekly edition of the latest news, events, links
and resources-- all focusing on urban sustainbility issues. THe
site is available in three languages--English, Spanish, and Catalan.
- Critical EcoRegions Program of the Sierra Club - The Sierra Club's guide to activism to save major land and
water systems in the United States and Canada. Emphasis on grassroots
action and volunteerism.
- CSIRO Division of Water Resources - Great Australian site on water resources.
- Ensaver Toilet Conversion Kit - The Ensaver Toilet Conversion Kit allows you to convert your
standard toilets to low-water usage toilets at a nominal cost.
- Florida Center for Environmental Studies - This inter-university group was created to synthesize and communicate
knowledge in the management Florida ecosystems and other tropical
and sub-tropical water dominated freshwater and estuarine ecosystems
worldwide. Various information systems and announcement listings
are available here.
- GEO 2000 - A coordinated network of Collaborating Centres is the core
of the GEO process. These centres have played an increasingly
important role in preparing GEO reports. They are now responsible
for almost all the regional inputs, thus combining top-down integrated
assessment with bottom-up environmental reporting. A number of
Associated Centres also participate, providing specialized expertise.
Four working groups ?on modelling, scenarios, policy and data
?provide advice and support to the GEO process, helping coordinate
the work of the Collaborating Centres to make their outputs as
comparable as possible. Other United Nations agencies contribute
to the GEO Process through the United Nations System-wide Earthwatch,
coordinated by UNEP. In particular, they provide substantive data
and information on the many environmentally-related issues that
fall under their individual mandates; they also help review drafts.
- Institute for Global Communications (IGC) - The Institute for Global Communications (IGC) is a nonprofit
organization that provides alternative sources of information
as well as online access and comprehensive Internet services for
progressive individuals and organizations.
- National Drought Mitigation Center - The NDMC provides information to reduce a societal vulnerability
to drought, stressing prevention and promoting self-reliance.
- National Ground Water Association - The mission of the National Ground Water Association is to
provide professional and technical leadership in the advancement
of the ground water industry; and in the protection, the promotion,
the responsible development and use of ground water resources.
- Public-Private Partnerships for the Urban Environment - UNDP - The purpose of the PPPUE is to help countries tap into the
increasing flow of private capital resources that globalization
has brought. The PPUE helps countries establish mutually beneficial
partnerships through well negotiated and structured projects in
the areas of water and sanitation, waste management and energy.
Click here to choose another Category